Education & Employment Verifications, known by their product ID's as "EDV" and "EMV" are reports you can submit to verify an individual's Education and/or Employment history.
These reports require that you provide the schools and employers to be checked, and we verify the information to be accurate and provide it to you in a complete report.
The turn around times for these reports vary, because we are personally contacting the locations in question to verify the information. Some schools can be verified digitally within the same day, and others are manual verifications that can take multiple business days.
With Employers, it also varies depending on the procedure the HR department of the company in question must follow for verifications. It is not typical for any verification to take more than a few business days at most. If there is any delay that is out of the ordinary, or any additional information is required from you, we will promptly contact you to expedite the results.
The following steps are provided using our employment verification services:
1. Top Level:
- Establish the Verifying Party (EVP) and make a minimum of one solid attempt per day for three successive business days to obtain results from EVP.
- EVP is an individual, department, or service designated to provide verifications on behalf of the organization contacted.
- A Solid Attempt may be any of the following:
- I. Researcher follows up on a release sent to EVP.
- II. Researcher spoke with or left a message with EVP.
- III. EVP asked us to call back at another date/time.
- IV. Researcher obtained a VOE but is waiting for a reference (Supervisor Interview).
3. Orders Not Closed On Third Solid Attempt/Third Day:
- EVP did not receive release and it is being resent.
- EVP has not responded to three solid attempts; Researcher reviews the order and makes an additional attempt.
- EVP has promised results on a specific date that is more than three days from the date we received the order and the customer is willing to leave the order open.
- Education orders suspended for school holidays and the customer is willing to leave the order open.
- Researcher customer has requested that the order remain open longer for any reason.
- A solid attempt could not be made in each of three succeeding business days due to external events beyond our control, or overwhelming and unexpected volume.
** Important Note: There is no database in existence that lets you submit an individuals name that will provide you with their employment or education history. This information must be provided by the applicant, and in turn submitted to us to be verified. The only known method of obtaining work history if they do not remember it is by reviewing old tax records. **